Thursday, June 16, 2005

Stella’s Fish Cafe

Stella’s Fish Cafe is now open for business, or should I say they have a bar on the roof and it’s finally open. Yeah, that’s what I meant to say. I was thirsty last weekend so I went to check it out. The general layout of the bar and dining area is about the same. I don’t necessarily think it looks bad, it just doesn’t look as nice as the Tonic did. The elevator was slow so I took the stairs three flights to the roof.

Stella’s has the only patio in Uptown with a nice view of the DT skyline. Unfortunately those seats are supposed to be reserved for dining only, which only makes sense I guess. Trust me, there’s way$ around that though. I didn’t order any food because like I said I was thirsty not hungry. The menu was priced about right for a seafood place. Overall the service was good except they screwed up on a round of shots. If you ask for Crown and you get Vodka instead don’t be shocked. Just drink it, that’s what I did.

Girl Friday has typed up a much better and more accurate review of Stella’s if you’re interested. Below are some shots I took of the building.

Stellas_2175

Stellas_BW_2172

Stellas_BW_2174

No comments: