Friday, April 01, 2005

No Smoking in Uptown Blows


Uptown Smokin Ban, originally uploaded by Black Java.

No smoking in Minneapolis! The first thing that popped in my head when I heard there was gonna be a smoking ban in Uptown was Liquor Lyle’s. I would guess 90% of people that go to that bar smoke. This ban is gonna effect their business big time. Some other Smoky Uptown bars that come to mind are the Red Dragon (try their punch bowl thing) and Mortimer’s. They will also be greatly effected by this and probably lose business too.

I’m not a smoker but I do believe in small government, less laws the better, etc., so I’m not happy with this at all. What other rights are in jeopardy, blah blah blah, you get the drift. Next thing you know people are going to complain about the smoke outside near the entrance to bars/restaurants. Black Java is not happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Black Java should learn why the smoking ordinance was passed in the the first place. Secondhand smoke is a serious public health hazard, in both Uptown and Downtown.

See our blog for more on this issue, in Minnesota and in neighboring states:

http://alamn.org/media/blogger.html

Bl@ck Coffee said...

thanks for leaving a comment American Lung Association of Minnesota.

Why don’t you JUST TELL ME why the smoking “ordinance” was passed in the first place? If you are going to tell me what “I SHOULD LEARN” than perhaps you could direct me to the PROPER POSTING on your blog. Directing me to the home page of your blog doesn’t really help. Your most recent posting “ Have you seen the price of E85?”, has nothing to do with my post “No Smoking in Uptown Blows”. If there’s no posting on your blog explaining why the smoking “ordinance” was passed than you are just wasting everyone’s time. I’m not trying to be a smartA. I do love politics and I am truly interested the reasoning behind all of this.